RESUME OF PATRICIA C. ANDERSON, FOUNDERmediatefc
Resume of Patricia C. Anderson
Work Experience as a Lawyer
WTAS LLC, McLean, VA
- Managing Director in National Tax Office – Federal tax group
- Federal tax accounting methods and inventories national technical leader.
- IRS National Office liaison for the firm handling all rulings and national office filings.
- General support to the Federal tax practice in all technical areas, assisting with assessing level of authority for Federal tax reporting positions and Federal tax opinion letters.
- Assisted local offices with preparation and review of technical writing in response to IRS Notices of Proposed Adjustments, opinions on tax reporting positions and more informal documentation of reporting positions.
- Author of internal client Federal tax technical alerts and articles in areas of expertise.
Ernst & Young, Washington, Washington, DC
- Partner, National Tax Accounting Methods & Inventory group
- National leader for projects involving Federal tax technical determinations of costs capitalized for financial reporting purposes that qualify under the tax law to be deducted for tax reporting purposes. Performed internal quality review on projects and interacted with the IRS National Office on rulings filed for completed projects.
- Obtained over a hundred rulings from IRS on various accounting method issues.
- Consulted with clients on Federal tax accounting method best practices and advised on strategies to resolve exposure items through accounting method change rulings from IRS.
- Assisted clients with examination issues and technical advice memorandum filings with the IRS National Office.
- Represented clients in IRS examinations.
- Assisted Transactional Advisory Services group with evaluating Federal tax accounting method exposure items in connection with transaction due diligence and anticipating accounting method issues that flow from various transactions.
Arthur Andersen, Washington, DC
- Partner, Office of Federal Tax Services
- National Tax Liaison with the local Federal Tax Accounting Methods & Periods and Federal Tax Exempt Organization practices and leader of a Washington, D.C. group that included 5 attorneys and 3 paralegals in Washington, D.C. OFTS.
- Handled over 6,000 IRS rulings on various tax issues including accounting methods, taxable years, exemption applications for charities and trade associations, taxation of trusts, unrelated business income, private foundation status, and 9100 relief.
Barnett, Alagia & Carey, Washington, DC
- Responsible for researching and writing briefs, motions, and memos on a variety of legal issues related to Federal administrative practice before various government agencies including the Securities and Exchange Commission, Federal Election Commission and Federal Trade Commission.
- Assisted with trial preparation for a plaintiff’s anti-trust case, including conducting depositions across the country and assisting the preparation for each day in trial.
- Argued one motion in Federal District Court.
- University of Tulsa, BSBA in Accounting
- University of Tulsa, JD
- Georgetown University LLM courses
- Northern Virginia Mediation Services (courses for General District Court, Juvenile & Domestic Relations District Court, and Circuit Court Family)
- Fairfax Bar Association Dispute Resolution Section
- Virginia Mediation Network
- Association of Professional Family Mediators
Experience as a CPA
- Vice President The Fourth National Bank of Tulsa (responsible for administration of pension and profit sharing accounts)
- Law clerk, Gable, Gotwals, Rubin, Fox, Johnson & Baker
- Instructor, Tulsa Junior College
- Medicare audit supervisor, Blue Cross-Blue Shield of Oklahoma
- Auditor, Price Waterhouse & Co., Tulsa, Oklahoma